Advanced Life Support
An Advanced Life Support unit from MedCare is crewed by at least one qualified Paramedic and a professional Emergency Medical Techician. These advanced clinicians provide a higher level of medical supervision for sick or inured patients who may require some intervention on the way to their destination, but are in otherwise stable condition.
- Speed-monitored ambulances equipped with advanced Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) systems from Verizon.
- Continuous link to GPS routing and direct integration with MedComm's dispatch operations software for 24/7 assistance and safety monitoring.
- Two fully-qualified clinicians, one Paramedic and a second of at least Emergency Medical Techinican level or higher.
- Easy access to our online medical control physicians available 24/7 in the event of an emergency.
- Equipped for advanced medical care, including: cardiac monitoring, external pacing, advanced airway management, mechanical ventilation, and titration of select IV drip medications.
- Safe, clean and quiet climate-controlled transport environments.
- Strict vehicle maintenance routines.